Lane Bryant

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"Rebirth"

This past weekend I had the opportunity to meet one of my favorite rappers of all time, Pastor Troy! He popped in at House of Adrene while I was attending Swapnista Day. I can not tell you how elated I was to meet him and how glad I was to see that he was still on his grind. With such hits as "Vice Versa" & "No Mo Play in Ga", Pastor Troy has away of delivering lyrics with an aggressive exuberance that completely captivates his listeners and penetrates to the core of their very being. When you first hear the bass line of "No Mo Play in Ga", the "crunk" immediately overtakes you and you willingly venture down the rabbit hole of emotions that his music perpetuates. He is a rapper that was before his time, and my friend KM and I have often debated as to what his success level would have been if those very hits would have been released now, in the height of the social media age.


However, all things happen for a reason, and sometimes we only reach a certain point in our careers because we are being groomed for something greater, a "rebirth" so to speak. Pastor Troy's rebirth is now with the premier of his movie, "We Was Homeboyz". The movie is a riveting tail of friendship, hustling, love and betrayal with the city of Atlanta as it's backdrop. The movie will officially premier on  May 10, 2012 at the Rialto Center here in Atlanta. I encourage all of you to support his venture. For ticket information visit www.rialtocenter.org . Check out the promotional video below and follow him on twitter @pastortroydsgb !




See you on the front row-

<3 Parker S.

No comments:

Post a Comment