Lane Bryant

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

#FFFWEEK Final Thoughts

The past few weeks have been absolutely amazing. If you have been following me on social media, you see I have been a very busy girl. With that being said, I wanted to wrap up #FFFWeek so I can catch you up with what's been going on.

#FFFWeek was like the reset button on my year. Prior to my attendance, I had been in sort of a blogging rut. I couldn't find my voice and I was honestly a little lost. Over the past few months, I had been so busy focusing on other people that I completely lost sight of myself, and what I was about. #FFFWeek was just the surge of energy I needed to get back on track.

Although I was unable to stay the entire week, the time that I was there was amazing. Everything wasn't perfect, but we all experience growing pains on the journey to greatness. I can honestly say that this year was better than last and I know that things will only continue to progress in a positive direction. I had such an amazing time attending the various events, and finally meeting some of my blogger icons, old buddies and new friends.


Aussie Blogger & Model @curvysam

 NYC Blogger @tinyredshoes

Aussie Blogger & Online Boutique Owner @ohscorpio



Aussie Blogger @danimezza

Being around a group of positive, like-minded women was so inspiring for me. I got some great advice on ways to improve my blog as well as observe what makes the other ladies so amazing at what they do. I was able to be myself and rediscover what made my blog great to begin with. The highlight of my visit was definitely attending the Lane Bryant Blogger Conference.



I was so honored to be chosen to attend as well as be privy to the newest and hottest trends Lane Bryant will be releasing later on this season. I was also interviewed by the #fab Marcy Guerva of The Marcy Minute and scored some amazing swag just for being in attendance.

TV Personality @marcyguerva 


I also enjoyed cutting up with blogger buddy Georgette of Grown & Curvy Woman at the Bloomingdale's fashion show and meeting some new blogger besties from The Dollillama! After the show, Georgette & I had one last hurrah with our fave #AussieCurves blogger Olivia  of Wait Until Sunset and partied until the wee hours in the morning sipping Veev #vitafrute cocktails!

Blogger Buddy @grownandcurvywoman

One half of blogging duo @the_dollillama

@grownandcurvywoman @waituntilsusnest & me with my fave @veev #vitafrute cocktail

This year at #FFFWeek I showed everyone who I was, and what I had to offer. I hopefully made a positive, lasting impression and will continue to nurture the relationships that I garnered while in attendance. If you are a curvy girl, I recommend you at least attend #FFFWeek once to gather your own opinions and chart your own experiences. It is an amazing platform to make an impression as well as learn some valuable lessons.

I would like to give a special thanks to Gwen Devoe for being the visionary behind Full Figured Fashion Week as well as to the teams at Sonsi & Lane Bryant for being so amazing and generous. I hope you enjoyed my coverage of the #FFFWeek events! For the latest on what I'm up to, follow me on Instagram @everydayrunway! Until next time...

"Make the world your personal runway and I'll see you on the front row!"

<3 Parker S.

#FFFWeek Creator Gwen Devoe




3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed meeting you! Glad you enjoyed the week -- it was inspiring to me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I've been living vicariously through your post on the blog, FB and Instagram. You look amazing in every picture, I truly love your style.

    ReplyDelete