Lane Bryant

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday Three-Way: Winterize

Over the past week I have been cleaning out my closet. Needless to say I have entirely too much stuff. So much, I have put myself on shopping restriction (with my own money) for the next couple of months. Because of my self imposed penance, I have started to get really creative with the things I already have in my closet. 

Since I live in Georgia, I really don't get a chance to enjoy fall. Today it was 90 degrees which feels more like summer. However with the month being September my mind is telling me that it's fall, but the weather isn't complying. Although I'm suffering in my own personal "summer like" fall hell, it doesn't mean the rest of you are.  Therefore, for this Thursday Three-Way post I am going to show you how to turn a summer maxi dress into a look for both fall and winter. 

During #FFFWeek2013 I scored the most amazing maxi dress from Lane Bryant (green is no longer available). I wore it once and pretty much had resolved that I would just store it and wear it again next summer. Because I am shopping in my own closet for the next couple of months, I decided to pull it out and put a fall spin on it. 

Me & My Aussie Blogger Boo Jenn

Shopping at #FFFWeek Curves in the City Market

I decided to grab my leopard shirt, also from Lane Bryant (similar one here), Joan Boyce for HSN foldable loafers & black JustFab handbag.  By tying the shirt up in the front I created a fun casual look that will work whether you are out shopping on a Saturday or grabbing a quick lunch with your girlfriends. 



Finally, for the winter spin, I decided to keep the leopard shirt from the fall look, but add a denim blazer from Talbots (no longer available). In addition to the blazer I also added my brown, faux leather boots from Lane Bryant. For this look, I untied the shirt and buttoned both it an the blazer. This look could work for the office or for a quick client meeting. 







So, there you have it! One dress, Three different looks. It's fun to shop in your own closet and create looks that defy conventional fashion norms.  I challenge you to think outside of the box and to "winterize" some of your own summer ensembles. Until next time, "Make the world your personal runway!"

<3 Parker S.




2 comments: