Lane Bryant

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Full Figured Fashionista

Happy Sunday! I hope you guys have had an amazing weekend. I am enjoying a leisurely day at home and am totally stoked to have gained an extra hour in the day. Well, that's enough of my idle chatter, let's get down to business. Yesterday I had a blast at Twelve 24 Boutique. Two Saturday's a month I am on hand in the boutique for #SaturdayStyle or #InstaStyle appointments. Yesterday was particularly exciting because some new pieces that I helped choose for the store arrived.



Full Figured Fashionista, better known as F3, is a clothing line dedicated to celebrating the curvy form. I first found out about this line during FFFWeek this summer in NYC. While attending an event at Bloomingdale's, I met one half of the dynamic sister design duo, Anjula Sharma. Once I peeped the fab jumpsuit she was sporting from their line, I became an instant fan!


Anjula Sharma in F3 Jumpsuit


Anjula & Shuchi Sharma are stylists turned designers. After realizing that the industry doesn't always offer the most fashion forward clothing for "Full Figured Fashionistas" they decided to create a collection of fiercely edgy yet wearable clothing. They have truly taken into account the plus size silhouette when designing their clothes. From longer hem-lines on shirts to cover what I like to call low hanging fat (that undesirable low stomach pooch) to stretch in just the right place on dresses, F3 clothes are made to fit and flawlessly flatter real women with real curves. They work closely with their manufactures until each piece is made to their exact specifications. 

Shuchi, Me & Anjula at AmericasMart Atlanta

Last month, Anjula reached out to me because she and Shuchi were going to be in town for a show at the Atlanta Apparel Mart. I had such an amazing time checking out both the current and spring collections. While I was there, I had the opportunity to help Angela, Co-Owner of Twelve 24 Boutique, select some items for the store. Here's a peek at one of the pieces. To see what else we chose, you have to stop by the store to check them out. 




See you on the front row-

<3 Parker S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment