Lane Bryant

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How To Rock Fall Florals

A couple of weeks ago I scored an amazing floral pencil skirt from Talbots. If you follow me on Instagram, you may remember it from a look that I styled my mom in back in September. As you already know, my style range is very broad and I can find fashion inspiration anywhere. I'm guessing you're probably pretty shocked that I shop at Talbots, but what I love most about the clothing there is that it's timeless.

My mom styled in all Talbots
Whether I'm styling myself or a client, it is important to be able to derive several different looks out of a single piece of clothing. Although my floral skirt is a pretty bold piece, it is surprisingly versatile. I fell in love with it because not only can I wear it this fall, but it will also carry over to my spring wardrobe. Florals are usually atypical for fall fashion, but this one is definitely the exception. It not only encompasses some of this fall's most popular Pantone colors like Emerald & Koi, but it also grabs some of spring 2014's as well with Freesia, Placid Blue & Sand.


Fall 2013 Pantone Colors


Spring 2014 Pantone Colors

For this post I'm going to show you how I rocked my "Fall Florals".  I need to be able to make my look go from day to play with just a few switches, and when I rocked my skirt yesterday, it was no exception. For the first look I told a vibrant #ColorStory by pairing my skirt with a sleeveless blue shirt, also from Talbots, Gap cardigan from last year, and my fave green Just Fab pumps. To round out this office chic look I added my Iman Global Chic bag, a skinny belt and my vintage Just Jewels 4 U necklace.








After work, I decided to do a little holiday shopping and wanted to change into something a little more comfy. I switched things up by adding a cream long sleeved Gap tee, my #StyleSteal Wal-Mart denim jacket, last year's scarf from Banana Republic and my amazing riding boots gifted by Lane Bryant. 







How do you rock fall florals? I hope you found my looks inspiring and that they encourage you to step out of the box and embrace fashion without boundaries. Until next time…


See you on the front row!

<3 Parker S. 









No comments:

Post a Comment