Lane Bryant

Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Pope Effect

Tonight is finally the night! Scandal is back on and I can't wait. I was so excited about seeing what amazing ensembles Kerry Washington's character Olivia Pope would be dawning that I felt inspired to create my own look. If you are a Scandal fanatic, then you remember the iconic fashion moments when Olivia wore the white "gladiator" hat and of course when she slayed in the white Burberry cape coat. I drew my inspiration from those two looks and decided to put a dark spin on it.




To create my Olivia inspired look, I decided to go all black. I wore all faux leather with the exception of my Iman Global Chic Capelet. My faux leather wide leg pants & faux leather peplum jacket worn as a turtleneck were gifted from my friends over at Twelve 24 Boutique. The sleeveless faux leather peplum top was courtesy of Ashley Stewart & I created another level of peplum dimension by adding my ASOS peplum belt. If you have been reading for a while you know I am in constant conflict with my LHF, (low hanging fat). By creating the illusion of a a multi-layer peplum top, I not only took attention away front the area, but created a flattering silhouette.








Of course the devil is in the details and this outfit wouldn't be nearly as interesting if it weren't for my black and white Just Fab accessories. Overall I am super pleased with how my Olivia Pope inspired look turned out. What do you think? Did I nail Olivia's style or do I need to go back to the drawing board? Let me know what you think in the comments below! 

See you on the front row-


<3 Parker S. 






No comments:

Post a Comment