Lane Bryant

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Two-Way Tuesday: Jibri

On Black Friday I scored the deal of a century. Designer, Jasmine Elder, creator of Jibri, had an amazing 50% of site wide sale. I had tried on her pieces before at Twelve 24 Boutique but never actually owned any of them. With such an amazing deal going on, I had to take advantage and own a piece of Jibri. I decided to order the Black Crop Long Sleeve Turtleneck & Black High Waist Flare Skirt. 

photo courtesy of Jibri


In my mind, I just knew I would just like the model in my new ensemble. Boy was I wrong. I didn't look bad, but I didn't look great either. I had so many plans to rock this outfit during the Christmas holiday's but ultimately didn't feel confident enough to pull it off. Now let's fast forward to last week. I have been hitting the gym super hard and changing my lifestyle to be healthier. On a whim, I decided to try on my unworn Jibri frock and was totally blown away. I looked fabulous and felt amazing. For the first look, I decided to make the two pieces look like a dress for a work ready ensemble. I topped them off with my cream Liz Claiborne 3/4 jacket from JCP (old), super opaque Lane Bryant tights and black and cream Merona ballet flats from Target. 

Short Necklace & Matching Cuff - LA Lynns Accessories, Long Necklace- Chico's, Clutch- Target, Stack Rings- Brighton Collectibles, Watch- Michael Kors, Hat- Belk Men's Department, Hat Brooch- Chico's



Now for the switch... For my after work look, I decided to keep it simple. I removed the jacket and some of my accessories for and added my new Shoe Dazzle Gray Laken pumps and a repurposed Banana Republic iPad case as a clutch. I rolled down the skirt and pulled up the top to show that they were actually 2 pieces. 







What do you think? I know I don't have abs yet, but I feel better than I have in years. Just because you aren't pin thin doesn't mean you can't tastefully rock some of the trends that our straight sized sisters do. I encourage you to step out of the box and push your style envelope. You never know what kind of amazing results you will get. Until next time...

See you on the front row-

<3 Parker S. 

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you better werk it honey!! Love that look. I might have to borrow that look from you!!!

    www.curviebirdie.com

    ReplyDelete